Corporate Social Responsibility in BMS Ireland
Community Involvement & Social Responsibility
“At Bristol-Myers Squibb, we are firmly focused on our Mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. In addition, we are steadfast in our Commitment to economic, social and environmental sustainability.”
Chief Executive Officer
As a leading BioPharma company, Bristol Myers Squibb are committed to community involvement and social responsibility on a global, national and local level. Globally the Bristol Myers Squibb Foundation is our primary vehicle for helping to improve the health of people and communities by focusing our resources in areas where we can make unique and positive contributions. The ultimate goal of the foundation is to develop, execute, evaluate and promote innovative programs to improve the health outcomes of populations disproportionately affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa, hepatitis in Asia, Type 2 diabetes, mental health and wellbeing in the US and cancer in Europe.
Locally we initiate, sponsor and support numerous projects and worthy causes each year which are beneficial to the local area and reflective of our area of business. BMS employees are involved throughout and it is their enthusiastic involvement and generous donation of free time, which help make many charity and sponsorship events a success. Alongside this, BMS Ireland are actively involved in various university programmes and sponsorship of education initiatives.
Environmental, Health, Safety and Energy
BMS Ireland is fully committed to the operation of its facilities to the highest safety and environmental standards (accredited to ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001).
BMS Ireland is committed to efficient energy usage, our manufacturing sites are certified to international standard (ISO 50001 Energy Management Standard) for energy management and we see energy as a core environmental objective for the reduction of our carbon footprint.
At all times the facilities strive to continuously improve our environmental, health and safety management systems and performance via the following policies:
· Conducting its activities and operations in accordance will all applicable legal requirements
· Operating the facilities to achieve high standards of major hazard control and accident prevention
· Pre-assessing the possible environmental and safety impacts of all modifications and new developments of all activities, processes and services
· Promoting continuous improvement by setting and reviewing EHS objectives and targets in line with the sustainability 2015 goals
· Providing training to continuously improve environmental and safety awareness among employees and contractors
· Preventing pollution, reducing waste and the consumption of resources, committing to cleaner technology, recovery and recycling
· Conducting regular site audits, inspections and reviews to environmental and safety managements systems to monitor their effectiveness.
· Programme of consultation and communication with all employees and contractors.